top of page
The Brunnihütte is located on the sunny side of Engelberg at 1860 m. It can be reached all year round with the chairlift and is an ideal starting point for sporting activities and cozy get-togethers. We offer warm meals, coffee and cake as well as overnight stays with dinner. In front of the hut you can enjoy the view of the mountain panorama on the large sun terrace.
The SAC hut has a total of 40 beds in summer and 16 more in the Alphüttli, which is about three minutes away from the hut. Rooms are available for groups, companies and seminars. Slippers are also available for guests.
The Brunnihütte is manned around the clock. Except on the revision days of the Brunni lifts. The winter room is always open.
Lage und Hüttenzustieg
In winter and summer, the chairlift from Ristis leads directly to the hut.
from the mountain station of the Brunni chairlift (3 ′)
Engelberg-Flüematt-Ristis-Brunnihütte (2h 15 ′)
Ristis (cable car mountain station) -Brunnihütte (45 ′)
Brunnipfad via Rigidalalp (90 ′)
when approaching directly from Rigidalalp (60 ′)
Brunnipfad via Rosenbold (70 ′)
Walenpfad from Bannalp (3h)
from Rugghubelhütte SAC (1h 15 ′)
1:50’000 Blatt 245 Stans
1:25’000 Blatt 1191 Engelberg
The Brunnihütte is a family-friendly hut and is part of the SAC's "Höhenflug" program. Board games, painting supplies, picture books and building blocks are available.
It also offers an ideal environment for excursions with children and for many other activities:
- The Härzlisee behind the hut invites you to play or cool off in hot weather. There are also barbecue areas there.
- Globischatzsuche: A treasure hunt between Ristis and Brunnihütte (treasure maps are given out at the Brunnibahn).
- You can watch alpine cows around the hut or spot squirrels in the forest.
- In the climbing garden by the rocks near the hut, children can make their first attempts at climbing, but there is also something for more experienced climbers to find there. The via ferratas are an experience for older children. Equipment must be brought with you or can be rented at the train station.
- There is a toboggan run from the hut to the Ristis (sledges are also available at the Brunnibahnen).
- The ski area around the hut offers a great experience for the experienced. The Yeit Park in the Ristis is ideal for the little ones to make their first attempts on skis.
bottom of page